I saw my ortho on Thursday for a wire change. I was originally only supposed to get the top wire changed, but he went ahead and changed the bottom, too! I was very happy about that.
I wish I knew more about what he was trying to do in there so I could explain it better. The top wire was just changed to a thicker wire. They put some sort of loops on the bottom wire between the molars. Not sure what they are for. To make the loops fit, they had to take off the tube that's normally on the molar band and tie the wire on with more wires. There's a lot of hardware back there now.
But there is MOVEMENT! I am excited! I had a gap between my right lower canine and lateral incisor for a long time. The canine was rotated sideways. The gap wasn't huge, but it was big enough. I meant to take a picture of it before I had my wires changed, but I forgot, and then I thought that it would be fine to take it later in the day. Well, I was totally wrong. By the end of the day, the gap had almost closed. I can't believe it.
Pain the day of was pretty intense, I think mostly because they had to push so hard to get the doors closed over the wires. The pain is better now, but I still can't really bite into anything properly.
I don't go again for nine weeks. That seems like a long time to me. My appointment is at the end of October. There has been no mention of a surgery date.
Getting closer!! :-)
ReplyDelete