My top wire seems to have shifted over so that it is sticking out the back on my right side a few millimeters. I am guessing this means that my teeth are moving (yay!) but it hurts like all get out (boo). My next ortho appointment is in two weeks, so I'm just piling the wax on (though it's a trick to get it to stick back there...) until it's time to go in. I don't want to be a wimp. Plus, I want to get as much out of these current wires as I can, because I definitely want new wires next time I go in (there was a hint at my last appointment that there would be no wire change this time around).
There is no way you can put up with that for two weeks. You will be in misery. Just call the office, tell them you need a wire clipped and they will probably tell you to just stop in. It takes two seconds and you will feel so much better. I do it all the time. Usually 1-2 weeks after an adjustment or new ties. I can never get the wax to stick back there.
ReplyDeleteIf you wait two weeks, you'll have a huge sore in your cheek. Trust me, its no fun! Well, I hope it will be that easy for you. My ortho office is really laid back and flexible. Good luck!
It's so horrible when that happens. I agree with the above comment, you can't be left in such pain. Wishing you a happier few days to come!
ReplyDeleteGotta agree with journey and catherine... go and get it clipped, you are not weak, it is painful! I feel like a wimp sometimes too, but then I think, a non-brace-wearer would not put up with being poked in the mouth with a piece of wire, so nor should we! x
ReplyDeleteget it clipped! I tried to wait on my last one like you, and I had to bend it up because it got so long, then I clipped it, then it popped out of the other side of my mouth because bending it had pulled it out. I also ended up with a big sore. On the good side, they did put in a bigger wire because my teeth had moved so much. They don't mind at all, and they don't want you to be in pain!
ReplyDeleteThanks all for the support! You're right... I'm going in tomorrow to get it clipped. :)
ReplyDelete