Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 4.

Here are pictures from today.  I feel a lot more like myself!  The swelling is going down and I can actually smile a bit. :)  I have very little bruising.  I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow.  I will update then, and I promise I will get an update on my surgery day and time at the hospital.

To all of you who have stopped by, and to all who have left comments, THANK YOU so much.  I haven't had a chance to reply, but I have been reading your comments.  Thank you for being such a supporting community.





9 comments:

  1. Hey Ellie,
    I'm so happy you're on the other side now.
    Your swelling looks like it's going down fast which is great.
    Can't wait to hear how the post op appointment goes tomorrow.
    Did they give you a timeline for how long you'll be on liquids and then soft foods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can't believe your swelling has already gone down so much! You look great for day 4 and I am happy to see you're already able to smile some! I wasn't able to make a smile for the first 10 days or so. You look terrific Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking awesome for Day 4, Ellie!! Happy Healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie your swelling is coming down beautifully for 4 days post op :D !! Keep up the positivity and high spirits you will get through this recovery with such ease. Please update again soon :)

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic for day 4! Can't believe you can muster a smile already. Hope you're feeling well (all things considered) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!! Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellie! Looking good for day 4! Rest up and let the healing begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hopefully the worst of the swelling is now over, looking good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! I'm surprised I can smile too! In the early days, sometimes I could manage a smile, and sometimes not. But now at day 11, I can pretty much always smile if I want, but it doesn't feel quite normal yet.

    @ Terra: I am on a full liquid diet for six weeks following surgery. I can't really handle anything thicker than milk right now. I even have to thin my Bolthouse Farms drinks with milk to be able to get them down... I am not sure what I'll be able to eat once the wires are cut. I am guessing soft foods for a few weeks to help get my muscles back into shape.

    ReplyDelete